Training (Faculty, Staff, Paid/Non-Paid Students and Visitors/Volunteers)
How long do I keep training records for?
- Recommendation is 5 years after a staff member leaves
Why do we need SO much safety training?
- Regulation requires us to train on all hazards present in the workplace. It is because of exposure to such hazards and injuries that these provisions have been put into place.
How do I get an ergonomics evaluation?
You can take the online Ergonomics for Computer Users Evaluation
Request a Tier 1 Ergonomics Evaluation located in the Resources portion of the Ergonomics page
Who do I contact to certify my fume hood?
- Facilities conducts annual re-certifications of fume hoods
- Is your hood past due re-certification? Call facilities at 530-752-1655
Who checks communal eyewash/shower stations?
- We have a team from EH&S that does monthly eyewash/shower station checks; facilities conducts yearly testing
Who checks lab specific eyewash stations?
- Eyewashes within labs (ex: at the sink) are the responsibility of lab to check monthly
- Emergency Eye Wash and Shower Testing and Use
Who checks fire extinguishers (monthly/annually)?
- We have a team from EH&S that does monthly fire extinguisher checks; the fire department conducts yearly checks
Field Safety (off site related work/outdoor related activities)
Crane and Hoist